Monday, March 12, 2007

Sticking to what we do best

So we tried the enemy within at the weekend .... it was painful. I think it would work great over a number of evening sessions where you can maintain a high level of concentration for an hour or so then bugger off, it just didn't seem to work when trying to condense that down to a weekend sitting.

So we're going back to what we do best ... which I'm looking forward to massively.

I did find the implication I consistently try to min/max a bit offensive, as I'm sure my new character (Ogre Magi level progression, from Savage Species) will demonstrate.

I do find lvl 8 (the starting point) a tad restrictive for anything except base characters, but I don't expect to stay there for too long, so I get to do a lot of research/planning/looking for that elusive 5% edge (which I actually enjoy more than the session, truth to be told, which I've always viewed more as "validation of the design" stage.

I WAS planning on letting the two domains I have expire since we don't seem to get anything out of them, looks like that won't happen now.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger